Judy Garland: Over The Rainbow
Opening with the inspirational Over the Rainbow, this CD holds 18 tracks of Judy Garland singing some of the tunes that helped to make her a star.
What you hear on this disc is early Judy, her voice big, sweet and a bit sentimental, long before it curdled into a self-parody… Other celebrities pop up frequently as duet partners… including Bing Crosby, Gene Kelly, and Fred Astaire.
— Mac Randall
- Over the Rainbow (2:46)
- We're a couple of Swells (2:36)
- Zing! Went the strings of my heart (2:55)
- Dear Mr. Gable (3:10)
- Connecticut with Bing Crosby (3:15)
- Embraceable (2:48)
- Fascinating Rhythm (2:53)
- Meet me in St Louis (2:11)
- On the Atchison, Topeka, & the Santa Fe (5:51)
- On the Sunny Side of the Street (2:31)
- That Old Black Magic (2:43)
- For Me and My Gal with Gene Kelly (2:29)
- There is no breeze (3:10)
- All God's Chillun Got Rhythm (3:05)
- Poor Little Rich Girl (3:08)
- Swanee (2:10)
- Love (3:32)
- I'm Always Chasing Rainbows (2:59)
Till the Clouds Roll By (1946)
Also included with the music CD is Till the Clouds Roll by, a light bio-pic of American Broadway pioneer Jerome Kern, featuring renditions of the famous songs from his musical plays by contemporary stage artists, including a condensed production of his most famous: Showboat. Also includes performances by June Allyson, Kathryn Grayson, Van Heflin, Lena Horne, Van Johnson, Dinah Shore, Frank Sinatra, Cyd Charisse and others.